Summarizing my overview of blog postings dedicated to Coulter versus Edwards incident I would like to offer my conclusions:
1. a set up arranged by Mathews. This guy ambushed Coulter with Edwards waiting on the side to be unleashed on Coulter .
2. when candidate on the USA president’s position (or his wife a would be first lady ) asking a voter to stop personal attacks it looks strange. it is like person who is running for an office is reprimanding a voter for not being nice with a candidate .
It reminds me of Stalin style personal cult when nobody can do anything but express admiration to person of a leader.
I think that people like Coulter making more harm that good in the voting process. Our society is polarized enough to not exacerbate this polarization. But in the same time it is obvious to me that
1. similar to Coulter figures on the left are not getting the same amount of concern as she does, in opposite they are cheered by the same people who are blaming Coulter
2. Coulter has a right to do what she does
3. Coulter was set up, so in this sense Elisabeth was not asking her to stop the personal attacks but Elisabeth committed conspiracy with Mathews, arranged a Springer style circus with ambush attack which shows Elisabeth’s moral weakness
4. Funniest thing is that all over left blogs Coulter getting a barrage of the most possible vulgar and the lowest possible profane language in Coulter’s address and in the same time Coulter is blamed for being vulgar, which is pure hipocracy on the left bloggers account.
Me personally I think that “idea” of two Americas is a hate speech on much bigger scale I comparison with anything coulter did. When poor are learning how to hate rich and one America is set against another America for the sake of getting the power for Edwards.
in the light of fairness doctrine it shows how democrats will treat fairness in the issues of a free speech.
Hypocrisy of Elisabeth Edwards and Chris Mathews is beyond imaginable.
Edwards is running for office and as a politician who is running he has
- obligations to play by the rules
- no expectations that voters who do not like him will be nice to him.
If Elisabeth Edwards already today is trying to shut opponents up, can you imagine what she would do if she would be a first lady? ( fortunately it is obviously not going to happen)
“On MSNBC, Elizabeth Edwards asked Coulter to stop making personal attacks, saying “it lowers our political dialogue precisely at the time that we need to raise it.”(ABC News)
Why Coulter has to restrain herself in any way?
Coulter is a voter and your husband is going to be a president. Coulter is definitely not your constituency but it gives you no right to use Chris Mathews’s ambush to shut up your opponent. This is not Venezuela and not Russia. Wake up Elisabeth, this is the USA and this is the election time. You came into running voluntarily so stop complaining. Are you trying to cry your way to the White House? If so, Coulter is right. If not. then shut up and at least pretend that you are serious about this campaign.
Me personally I think that “idea” of two Americas is a hate speech when poor are learning how to hate rich and one America is set against another America for the sake of getting the power for Edwards
Coulter is a private person who has no obligations whatsoever to be polite . It may be wrong what she is saying but it is many times more wrong to shut her up by would be first lady. Coulter has rights to say what she said . Period. You do not like it? Deal with that or quit your campaign , but do not lecture a voter on how to react to your candidacy.
I knew that Chris Mathews is a very narrow minded sleazy partisan demagogue. But what he did is beneath even this guy. To invite Coulter to unleash Elisabeth Edwards waiting on a side? Besides that is it ridiculous, it is unethical. Unlike Coulter who as a private person is not limited by any rules other than constitution, this guy consider himself a professional political journalist. To pull stunt like that shows him for who he is indeed- a partisan clown