according to CNN
“The sharpest exchange in the debate came when Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, was asked about the McCain campaign’s charge that he once said he favored a strict timetable for removing troops from Iraq.
Romney has consistently denied ever having backed a timetable and said McCain was taking a small portion of a quote out of context.
“It’s simply wrong,” Romney said. “By the way, raising it a few days before the Florida primary, when there was very little time for me to correct the record, falls in the kind of dirty tricks that Ronald Reagan would have found reprehensible.” But McCain, the Arizona senator who has strongly backed President Bush’s Iraq policy, accused Romney of hedging after public support for the war waned.”
OK, if it is so why state talker McCain would not say in a few days before the Florida primary that “Romney of hedging after public support for the war waned” instead of lying about Romney embracing a timetable foe withdraw ?
McCain may be right that Romney should support surge back then in more clear words. I would agree with McCain in that.
But I am troubled by the fact that instead of criticizing Romney for not clear enough supporting the surge , McCain start making stories about Romney accepting a timetable. Why in order to make a legitimate point McCain has to lie?
Is it the high moral ground on which McCain is making gains?
Filed under 2008 vote, 2008 voter, Bush, CNN, debate, debates, Florida Republican primary, GOP, Iraq, Massachusetts, McCain, Mitt Romney, politic, President Bush, republican TV debates, Republicans, United States, USA, war, withdrawal
talking about God’s warriors on CNN:
As one of readers of this blog did point it out: ” To get an accurate comparison, there should have been a comparison to atheistic warriors.”
It is hard to overlook that atheists like Pol Pot! Mao and Stalin killed more than any religious warriors !! After all atheism is just another religion with its own dogmas its own rituals and more aggressive and intolerant as any religion ever.
Obviously that programs like “God’s warriors” are targeting religion in general and Christianity in the first place . So, by doing that these programs are, de-facto, is propaganda of atheism . Why nobody would address issue of atheism and all destruction that atheism inflicted on civilization? Nobody is interested in destructive historical role of atheisms just because Bush cannot be blamed for that ?
Filed under 2008 voter, Analysis, anti -religious propaganda, atheism, atheistic, CNN, God’s Warriors, Gods warriors, Mao, Muslim terrorism, Muslims, Pol Pot, propaganda, propaganda of atheism, religion, religious warriors
CNN Presents God’s Warriors . Despite the all spin that CNN did put into the program the idea to compare Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious radicals is very productive. If we will go beyond what CNN is omitting in its program and we will compare side by side the Jewish, Christian and Muslims “ God warriors” few things will be obvious from that comparison :
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who are supported by state ( Iran is an example)
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who operate globally and have a goal of imposing its religion as religion on others
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who operate in the countries and territories which are out of the historical borders of its religion ( Muslims terrorism in USA and Europe)
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who are practicing strategy of intentional mass deliberate killing of civilians
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who have own armies with rockets and artillery : Hezbollah
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who control entire countries ( Afghanistan, Somalia until recently and Iran today )
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who are attacking sovereign countries ( Hezbollah attacked Israel)
- “ Muslim warriors” are only religious warriors who have under military control entire territories (Gaza , Somalia)
So the whole idea to equalize Jewish, Christian and Muslims is disingenuous .
Filed under 2008 vote, 2008 voter, 9/11, Afghanistan, Al-qaida, Analysis, Christian, Christianity, CNN, Gaza, God’s Warriors, Gods warriors, Hezbollah, Iran, Islam, Islamic Republic, Islamic Republic of Iran, Israel, Lebanon war, London bombing, Madrid bombing, Muslims, Somalia